The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like there's no shortage of adult members getting kids involved with fishing and the outdoors on HPA!

Judging from the size of what they're catching, you're doing an epic job! Those smiles with their catch are contagious and a joy to behold!

Anyways, If you're an HPA adult member and one of these stand-up guys or gals, taking kids (16 and under) out to enjoy the outdoors and fishing, and want to share a picture with the group on this post. I'll be happy to send them a few Fish Creek Spinners as a perk.

Your kids, a relative, a neighbor, etc. Bait, spinners, flies, trolling, I'm not too picky. But would hope the spinners find a home in their fishing equipment and get wet once or twice!

So this month the post is in the Trout forum, but any forum can enter - catching perch and walleye? no problem. bass or crappie? no problem. I haven't hung out on all the forums, but any HPA member is welcome to post a picture of a kid and his/her catch. That's about all the fine print I got. Next month I'll post May on a different forum.

I've done this for a few years, and still have plenty of our spinners ready to get in the water. Especially those put in a kids hands!

Post a picture here and send me a PM with the mailing information too. They'll get a few spinners in their mailbox before the thrill wears off and be ready to go fishing again!

The offer presumes we can connect in early May to get mailing information squared away.

p.s. if you've already posted kids pictures and want in, feel free to add them to this stack.

There will likely be a drawing prize for the month's entries as well. Let the April adventures begin.

Get those kids out in the woods and on the water! I've untangled a few lines myself, and the real winners are all those adult HPA members investing time to teach outdoor ethics and a sense of what nature is about.

Any species, any method is fine, provided the kids want a few spinners.

·
Registered
122 Posts
having trouble posting a pic i can email you one if you wouldnt mind posting it or giving me some instructions
thanks
adam

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm, I link to the pictures I post over on my web server. There is probably a FAQ instruction on how you do it with the forum tools, but I don't load them that way or know how it's done. Found an FAQ, but it looks like you do need them on some server too. If you don't use photobucket or picasa, I guess you can send them to me - [email protected]

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice Stringer, ah to be eleven again!

To buckinnuts and anyone participating, I cleaned up my mailbox, just send me a PM with your address when you post and I'll get some spinners mailed.

·
Registered
122 Posts

Well this is one of my favorite pictures of all of the fish i caught or game i killed. I caught this bass on a private pond in the middle of a friends property we have a blast and fish all day for multiple days in a row in the summer. I used a rapala countdown one of the hooks ended up in my finger was very painful to get out in my friends basement but what good times i do owe all my success to my dad grandad and other adults who gave me all the knowledge i have know while they didnt take me on this trip i wouldnt have had success without learning from them to do it on my own.
thanks for the help posting crows
adam

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok Adam, I guess that's what I'm talking about. I can see I'm headed to a Solomon judgement, lol.

You're story doesn't really match the expectation of the thread, but hey, the outcome does.

Get your dad or Grand-dad out on the water! Cheers and enjoy the spinners.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Here is the picture for fields...wow nice fish young man

·
Registered
229 Posts
That's my boy in the above post. Fished 3 days for that fish, before he finally got it to hit a spinner. There were some pretty tense moments during the fight that I had doubts we'd land him, but luck was on our side and he found his way into the net.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Thank you 5crows...Levi received them today!..he cant wait to get out and try them!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi 5crows,
This is Andrew, I caught the palomino trout in the picture up top. My spinners came in the mail today and I really like them... I will be using them Saturday up at camp. Thank you very much, your friend, Andrew.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
kudos 5crows . You have the same bug as most of us here . It is more fun to watch someone else catching fish . Especially Kids .
I am not going to post pictures to this thread , You have me well supplied already this year

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Treerat and glad to hear you guys got the spinners. Keep those confident grins and awesome fish pictures coming!

Anybody else that wants to provide prizes, jump in the boat, and holler! Maybe some logistic problems, but where there's a will, there's a way.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
treerat said:
I am not going to post pictures to this thread , You have me well supplied already this year
Ditto.....set us up last yr. Thanks!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well, the kids didn't catch any today. I got one brown. I'll get some photos up when they get a few. Restocking is less than two weeks so they should have better luck.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Here's one from the Wee Man. He got this brookie Sunday morning.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
THe boys had a blast last night. It was the first time I was able to take them fishing this season. I think they made out rather well. Take a look.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts