The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We came into a ton of new components, trading FCS spinners for tackle parts and pieces in order to get a new outlet in the Denver area.

Stay tuned, new products and opportunities to put the FCS spin in front of more fish species! Check out the website for our first Musky spinnerbaits, Trout and Salmon Trolling flashers, and double hook Walleye rigs.

Fish Creek website

Spinnerbaits

Trolling Flashers

The HUNTINGPA2 20% discount is still active thru monthend. Get some FCS in the water while out scouting for this years trophy!

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Ordered your assortment of spinners last Saturday and they were in my mail today!

Thank you!

Can't wait to try them.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
I just put an order in for 10 spinners to get me started for the fall season.Although I think they will be wet loooong before the leaves change color.
JIM

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just saw it, nice pick.
I noticed you used the discount! Which put you 1 spinner short of the $25 free shipping and it showed up on your invoice.

Since the order with shipping ended up over $25, I'll throw in a F102 and another F117, so you're getting the benefit of the amount you spent.

You'll be happy with those two. I just posted a video of the F117 in action in Colorado High Country. Take a look if you haven't seen it already.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Thank you very much!!! I noticed that I dropped below the Mendoza line when I checked out,I was going to try to add a few but I thought I would just mess things up royaly,lol.I AM GOING TO TRY THESE OUT ASAP and then I'll drop another order.THANKS AGAIN FOR THE COOL GESTURE!!!
jim

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Recieved my spinners today,thanks for the freebies!I am excited to see what these badboys will do.I AM GOING TO ORDER SOME OTHER LURES SOON.tHANKS FOR OUTSTANDING SERVICE.
JIM

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's another mouse/rat looking 2oz spinnerbait design.

The back body is reinforced PVC tubing. It has a reflective fish scale looking pattern to it, I was doing big spinner bodies in it, back in the day.

Hand-stripped brown rabbit fur. Almost looks like a muskrat baby to a hungry fish. Made for Musky but ought to work for bass.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a new adder to the custom spinnerbaits. Now including the custom 'match the hatch' slip stinger as an option or buy to add to yours.

The bead slips to tighten the stinger and the tubing matches the bait, attracting by reflection. It also adds buoyancy that gets noticed (per a muskie fisherman in New Mexico). I just added his pictures on the website fish photo page.

Stop by and take a look when you have a few.

4x4 slip stingers

Whether anybody is interested in them or not, its fun making and sharing the brain storms!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Caught a rainbow on a spinnerbait Thursday. Never tried them for trout, but it was a narrow fast and deep chute.

I thought the bait would work in that setting and caught him on second downstream cast. Retrieved into the current slowly to make it sink and hover.

The white stinger was wiggling behind the zonker. Anybody else fishing spinnerbaits in deep fast water?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check this one out. Its a cross-over spinner adapting some of a spinnerbait's components on to an inline wire.

Fish Creek Special Edition cross-over spinner

It has two prism 3D eyes lacquered on a large flat glass bead, (those should stand out in the water). Then a silicon starflash skirt is strung on a worm wieght to complete the cross-over and hide a variety of hook choices.

Use it on large Trout, Steelhead, Bass, Pike and Muskie.

One of kind unique design. Get a few as Holiday gifts or for your tacklebox!

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
You got me wondering how those will work in our beloved Kinzua Tailwaters here in the dead of winter....those trout love flash, feather and slow retrieve and i like the one hook for easy release.

When i get time, I am going to do some shopping ahead of our winter trips.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kind of a stretch on the topic, but I need to decide whether I stay with the reusable tube containers or opt to go with clamshell packaging. Clamshells are more traditional spinner packaging and won't require the custom rack cards for retail that the tubes do.

Here are a few images I am thinking of using as a backdrop for the clamshell, behind and above the raised spinner compartment.

I'd appreciate it if any fishermen that are online would take a look and point out any favorite in your opinions. The choices are custom layout, scenery or fish theme. I may do some of each, but am still interested in your opionions and observations when you browse the aisles of your favorite tackle shops looking for your next lure or spinner.

I realize its likely hunting season at HPA and few people online are thinking about fishing, but if you care to post a comment, I'd appreciate your input. Thanks.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, its one of a set of high country wilderness beaver ponds chalked full of cutthroat. My favorite spot to unwind and charge batteries. I took some movies fishing them with my granddaughter this summer. Here's a link to a youtube of a part of the trip.

Fishing Zirkel Wilderness ponds

As far as the clamshell card artwork, I've ben doing some hand drawing with Visio to try to match the wood burned look of our wooden displays that we sell spinners out of to mom and pops in tackle shops along the way to our favorite places.

Take a look and please comment if you have the urge. The white circle is going to be replaced by a round cornered rectangle matching the shape of the raised spinner compartment, and I'll likely need to go with a brighter color in order to get some eye appeal. We'll see.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fish Creek Spinners HPA Buck contest drawing winner prize.

3 custom 6/10oz camo arrow bucktails. Strung with 5/16 black nickel beads for noisy rattle. Maybe even rattle up a Muskie buck!

Camo Arrow Bucktails

I'll be making up another custom set out of spent .308 brass. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are those .308 cartridge casings in Muskie spinner form. The bullet head weighs 1oz the beads 9/10oz. Scented with Cordite and available in many calibers, just send me the brass!

Custom made for the lucky HPA buck contest drawing winner!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got a special in May on the Zonker baits. 45% off at $10. With the HPA member 20% discount, that's a pretty sweet deal.

Here's a picture with a blog post link to a few more pictures of colors.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts