The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was finally able to fill a tag with the xbow this morning. I had two different groups of does come in from opposite directions this morning at about 8am. Both groups ended up mingling together about 75 yards away. As they seperated, I saw that one was angling my way. Watching her as she walked, I knew that she would be coming by a tree that was at 27 yards. She stopped in between a few trees. I clicked the safety off and she flinched. Taking aim, I squeezed the trigger. She immediately fell. Seeing that a second shot was going to be needed, I quickly cocked the xbow and loaded another bolt. I was able to place a second shot.

Knowing the range, I am thinking that she ducked the shot, given how she flinched at the safety click. Either way. Big fat, healthy doe. Unfortunately, I cant get the pic off of my phone. My email isnt working and snapbucket is having issues. Now for my buck! Vacation starts of Wednesday and I'm off until 11/12. Hopefully one of the big ones will come walking by.

·
Premium Member
24,169 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got my pic posting issues figured out. Bad pic as I had already started dragging her out before I thought about a pic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts