The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to give a special thanks to attackone for giving me such good insight on euro nymphing and tying these. This is my first try just getting a feel for what i am getting into. Woven flies have a certain beauty to them. I am working at getting the proper set ups. These were all hand woven with no tools. I will be adding tools, and reducing the strands of embroidery thread i will be tying to get a cleaner look.

Let me know what you think.

Look for a lot cleaner looking flies coming up. I like to tie these even though each fly raises my blood pressure at the current time without having the proper set up.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
also another tip, using ur first one for a example dont be afraid to stop and start over until u get it right, its going to take awhile but once u do it will be very easy

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i always have one loop that comes about and i don't know where it came from.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to shorten the leggs and antenna. as well. I am not sure it needs 3 legs I think 2 would do the trick

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
The polish weave and cobra weave make great flies. Another one to try is the over hand knot. Use different colors and alternate which color is on top when tying a regular overhand knot. It makes a jagged line down the body of the fly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts