The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How old were you and where did you catch your first Trout at camp. For me I was 12 caught at Spring Creek Elk Co. at the covered bridge. Have the picture to prove it.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I was probably 9 or 10, maybe younger. I spent every possible moment on Big Fishing Creek as a youngster. Just by chance my mentor took me for lunch at the local VFW once. We showed off our catch, and I gave my fish to some old folks there. That started a cycle that lasted close to ten years. I gave hundreds of trout to those old codgers, and they returned the good deed with Coca Colas, slimjims, and all sorts of barroom goodies, heck I thought I was in heaven!

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
pappy53 said:
How old were you and where did you catch your first Trout at camp. For me I was 12 caught at Spring Creek Elk Co. at the covered bridge. Have the picture to prove it.

Not doubting you but I would love to see the picture of the bridge. Our camp is close by there.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
The first that I can remember is a brook trout on Bear Creek, near Owls Nest in Elk County. I was probably around 8 years old at the time.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
This is the Wee Man's first trout at camp. I think he was around 4 years old here. He caught it on Wolf Creek

This was his first fish at camp. He was 2 here. A little perch from the "perch pond" off of Owl's Nest Rd

No he's an old pro, slamming fish on his own. He caught this bass all on his own in a pond on the gameland off of Owl's Nest Rd....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice pics Buckethead, know exactly where that pond is at. Have had my grandkids there before, they were catching sunfish on every cast they had a blast.

·
6,450 Posts
pappy53 said:
Nice pics Buckethead, know exactly where that pond is at. Have had my grandkids there before, they were catching sunfish on every cast they had a blast.
I thought that was my secret spot........

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
pappy53 said:
Take some shiners next time and they'll catch bass on almost every cast.

·
Registered
237 Posts
kudu58 said:
The first that I can remember is a brook trout on Bear Creek, near Owls Nest in Elk County. I was probably around 8 years old at the time.
Same for me, but I was probably around 10! I remember driving from camp in the back of my grandfathers Datsun pickup truck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Kudu58- Did Bear Creek near Owls Nest have a Beaver Dam at the head end of it- if so I caught a pile of trout there on the way from Brockway to our camp in Sheffield when i was about 12. We would stop there every Friday after school on the way to camp. Thanks for the memories.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I caught my first trout on Buffalo Creek in armstrong county when I was about 9 or 10. it was a brown trout, i believe about 12".... that started the obsession !

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
TheDFP said:
kudu58 said:
Same for me, but I was probably around 10! I remember driving from camp in the back of my grandfathers Datsun pickup truck.
Wow, I used to ride in the back of my grandfather's Datsun pickup!!!

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Hammer69 said:
Kudu58- Did Bear Creek near Owls Nest have a Beaver Dam at the head end of it- if so I caught a pile of trout there on the way from Brockway to our camp in Sheffield when i was about 12. We would stop there every Friday after school on the way to camp. Thanks for the memories.
Lots of beaver activity on Bear, but to answer your question, yes.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
1981. Lick Island Run (back then they still stocked it). I was 6.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts