The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL THIS IS MY MAIDEN VOYAGE WITH A MUZZLELOADER... NEVER TRIED IT B 4 HAD ONE FOR YEARS BUT THIS WILL B MY FIRST ATTEMPT... IT WAS ALSO MY FIRST YEAR WITH A BOW AND THAT GOT ME A 9 POINT WITH A 16 IN. SPREAD... HOPEFULLY I CAN PULL IT OFF IN THIS SEASON ALSO.. ANY SUGGESTION I HAVE SHOT ALOT AND AM VERY COMFORTABLE WITH IT AND THE GUN IS HOLDING A NICE PATTERN... WILL TAKE ANY HELPFUL HINTS

·
Registered
342 Posts
hmmmm...not what i thot this topic was gonna be about....

But goodluck, late season flinter is always a BLAST....

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
sounds like you are on the right track. You have been shooting a lot and are comfortable with it. That is half the battle, next you just need to stay warm and see some deer

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
brewyak said:
sounds like you are on the right track. You have been shooting a lot and are comfortable with it. That is half the battle, next you just need to stay warm and see some deer

·
Registered
410 Posts
Remember to always watch for a reaction from any deer you shoot at and always follow up the shot, many times a round ball will pull hair into a wound channel and stop up the blood flow..and there is such a thing as to much powder in the pan

·
Banned
900 Posts
Keep yer powder dry and remember to hold yer mouth right!!
Good luck!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wait for the rifle to go off before you move and take your eye of the target. I was dumb enough to do this during the early season and came home empty handed.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
ABOVE ALL ELSE---just have fun stepping back in time!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
And, if you get one, make sure you Blood your Flinter. This is a tradition passed on to me by my late Gun builder Uncle. Take a little Blood from the Deer and make the four corners of the Compass , on the Stock, and thanks the Gods for the Gift.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts