The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased lime and fertilizer from my local seed store based on their recommendation from my soil sample and forgot to ask this question.
I'm looking to clear, roundup, and lime a small area this weekend. and plant in 2 weeks. should I apply the fertilizer this weekend or when I plant in 2 weeks.

thanks !

·
Registered
12,313 Posts
Lime ASAP as it takes some time to work. I usually fertilize when I plant, but if planting in 2 weeks then it probably won't make alot of difference.

·
Registered
561 Posts
BugleChaser said:
I recommend fertilize when you plant.
Agree - unless you plan to disc it into the ground or its going to rain soon you typically don't want fertilizer laying on top of the ground. The farmers around me all say the nitrogen will dissipate into the air otherwise.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hopefully I didn't hinder this project, but after I sprayed I noticed the container of roundup said not to replant or seed until 4 months after application. Is this a stretch or am I looking at a problem.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Yeah, that stuff is not just Glysophate...it was some pre-emergent stuff in it as well, which will keep certain seeds from germinating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts