The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I bought a Ruger Vaquero, old model, I didn't have a chance to try it because of various commitments and the danged heat we have been having. I took it out this morning. First 6 shots out of the gun, 15 yards off hand. It is a shooter. First three shots touching in the bull, got sloppy after that.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
What do you do if they don't shoot to where you are aiming? On the fixed sighted revolvers such as the SAA.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
HighCountry66 said:
What do you do if they don't shoot to where you are aiming? On the fixed sighted revolvers such as the SAA.
there are things you can do - change the load to a faster or slower load, you can file down the front sight, your can twist the barrel and thus twist the sight, if needed. The main thing is once you find a load that shoots like the one above, you remember it and stick with it....

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Andy1 said:
HighCountry66 said:
there are things you can do - change the load to a faster or slower load, you can file down the front sight, your can twist the barrel and thus twist the sight, if needed. The main thing is once you find a load that shoots like the one above, you remember it and stick with it....
Is it common that you'd have to twist the barrel? Would it be easy to find a load that shoots to point of aim.

Twisting the barrel sounds like you need a gunsmith.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts