The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a first time crossbow buyer . I have shot bows for years but had surgery 1 year ago unable to hold my bow back . Looking into a crossbow. New to crossbows looking for any suggestions for a crossbow in the $500 dollar range.
thank you

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
For $500 bucks I always recommend the Wicked Ridge Invader package by TenPoint. Plenty fast enough, good optics, the best cocking systems in the industry and a great company to back it up.

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
$499 is a pretty standard price set up and ready to go. If you buy from a good dealer such as Arrowhead here, they usually throw in something a little extra for ya.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Wicked Ridge line would be my choice for compounds and if you wanted to go recurve the Excalibur Axiom would be in that same price range. BOth companies have great customer service and warranties.

Like dpms suggested I would call Arrowhead on here and talk to him. He will be able to get you lined out on what you need.

·
Registered
292 Posts
along with what has already been mentioned I would recommend taking a look at the Barnett penetrator,quad, wildcat or even the jackal. Barnett has really stepped up it's customer service and is top notch.best to go out and shoot different bows and see what feels best to you

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Wicked Ridge! Had a Barnett and sold it, felt like I traded in a cavalier for a cadillac

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I'll be happy to talk crossbow with you. Just give me a call or text with questions. Store phone is 814-662-4321 or text me at 301-268-1665

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
all good advise. Get your hands on as many bows as ya can. What I like might be wrong for you. A bow is a funny critter and thats why there are so many differnet models, makes of bows. I would look hard at Parker bows. I have nothing but good luck with them for more than five years. I am also a staff shooter for Parker and I can help if ya like. Welcome to crossbows and have fun!
Koz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts