The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we survived the 16" of snow the Friday before bear season, and then when we returned to camp on Tuesday the 20, it was all ahead full for a family Thanksgiving at camp for my wife, my son, and me. A full table of fixin's for the holiday, followed by a few days of rest, then a monsoon for Monday. When the wind died down on Thursday morning, my son was fortunate enough to shoot this nice mountain 8 pointer. Only drawback was when the buck ran down the hollow opposite the truck, and the drag up and out was 2 hours long. It was a great moment in our camp's history and a memorable time for all. The Gray Ghost Lodge finally claimed a big woods Potter County Buck! We stayed until Saturday morning, then closed up the camp and this years chapter on the camp. I have to give kudos to my wife who kept the pellet stove running the whole 11 days and kept the camp between 67 and 72*- as well as provided up with meals fit for a king. I am truly blessed.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,970 Posts
Outstanding, hopefully next year I can make it back to my nephews camp for Thanksgiving. Congrats on a fine buck!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Always read the posts about camps. Sure wish I would've invested in a hunting camp . At 66 years old it'll only happen in my dreams, but at least I can dream.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bbutz- you never know-- we got ours in 2015- when I turned 60! I know I'm not going to have a lifetime of memories at the camp, but my goal was to have a few good ones, then pass it on to my kids.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts