The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday night (8 p.m.), NFL Network will present for the first time since it was played live (49 years prior to the day), a complete play-by-play broadcast of Super Bowl I.

Although the game was broadcast live on two networks (CBS and NBC), those tapes were lost or recorded over. Staff members at NFL Films spent months searching its enormous archives of footage and pieced together all 145 plays — including BOTH second-half kickoffs (yeah, I don't know why, either, but it promises to be explained during the broadcast) — and the result is a fully restored, re-mastered and color-corrected look at the first of what has become the iconic championship games of today's sports culture.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/boopstats/Super-Bowl-I-Preview.html#eMWBoOXsR51JIT6e.99

·
Registered
39,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's amazing how much the Super Bowl has evolved. At one time there were empty seats.

I remember a friend of mine went to New Orleans when the Eagles played the Raiders. He said you could but tickets for $10.00 at game time. Face value was $40.00.

·
Super Moderator
23,750 Posts
I am getting ready to watch it can't wait. Seen highlights but never the whole thing. Was born in 1968.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
dc 21 said:
It's amazing how much the Super Bowl has evolved. At one time there were empty seats.

I remember a friend of mine went to New Orleans when the Eagles played the Raiders. He said you could but tickets for $10.00 at game time. Face value was $40.00.
Remember that day very well
I was ice fishing on the Kinzua reservoir, 80 yards from shore when I hit a soft spot and fell through up to my chest,hit my elbows on solid ice and bounced the [censored] out.
Drove home soaking wet to watch the game.

Caught biggest brown trout of my life,never went ice fishing again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts