The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out two sets right near the house today trying to catch the little reds that hang nearby. One flat set right on the trail I use down thru the woods and one at the end of that trail a dirthole. Now the crazy anticipating wait begins!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Great pics and nice sets!! But for reds I like to use blown out dirt hole set. Has better eye appeal. Not telling you that you are doing it wrong.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. we will see how it goes. I actually thought about a blown out dirthole after i put the leaves back on. eye appeal very good point, i did leave a little dirt dug up outside the hole we will see if that is enough

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had a coon pull out of the flat set. the trap was the new bridger 1.75 offset. Im gonna remake it and set another a few feet away on the trail

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesnt bother me that much. I dont want too many coons anyway. When I want a coon I am sure i can catch one. Got me more practice setting and bedding the trap, and I get to try my hand at a remake.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a female red in the dirthole this morning, yesterday when i reset the other one with the coon pullout i moved some of the leaves and stuff away from the hole so it stood out more. I guess that worked possibly. Not too bad for only setting three traps for the last three days

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I got two coon and a grinner since the fox. Not bad for me for my first week with sets out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts