The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out as a 243 stevens, Ordered a shilen 8 twist 260 rem barrel, larger bolt handle, sss lug, sss trigger, B&C stock. Ethan Stern of Stern Gunsmithing put it together for me and installed a Holland brake, he also skim bedded it, Scope is a mueller for now, hopeing for a sightron sIII come incometax return time. So far its shooting great with the few loads i have tried.
I ordered the stock in black with intentions of having it camo dipped in mossy oak shadow grass, but the black is growing on me.

The light 95 grain v max shot good from the 8 twist with Reloader 15
39 grains rl 15

40 grns Rl 15

41 grns Rl 15

I also tried some 123 gain A-max pills with H 4350
43 grns h4350

44 grns h4350

44.5 grns H4350

This group was fired breaking in the barrel with factory remington 120 accutip loads, barrel was cleaned after every shot.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Looks very nice. What OAL are you loading the 123 grain A Maxes at? I'm working on putting together another Savage, but I just ordered my Kreiger last week so it will likely be 6 months until I make any progress on it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the complements, Adam k, I loaded them at 2.810 cartridge overall length, I still have some tweaking to do on them.

·
Registered
367 Posts
i love building on the stevens actions.. everything is very adjustable and pretty easy to do yourself.. looks like a shooter to boot.. nice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts