The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first year I have ever placed a trail cam. I had a plotwatcher time lapse camera that I used a couple of seasons ago, but never used a trail cam. Well, I am hooked. Here are a couple of the better shots that I have gotten over the last month. A bear licked the camera lense, so the pics are not as clear as they probably would have been otherwise. Way too many bears for my liking. I have tons of pics of different bears and very few fawns, which concerns me. I can't wait to watch the bucks grow, especially the big boy.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Nice pics and congrats... Your time will be spent thinking of what will come in next. It is for lack of a better word, highly addictive...

I run 6-9 cameras all year, and I have pics you can not put words to. No bears because of where I am, but a lot of other stuff. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Mostly done growing by mid july. May see an inch or so more per tine but thats about all. Looks like one wide short 8 and another taller buck thats hard to see in. Both 2.5 yo, maybe 3.5 but cant tell from pics. The wide short buck id saw will gross maybe 110 the other maybe 115 unless it is a 10 pt. Im calling pic 7-8 taller buck, bigger of the 2 in 9 the shorter one.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes pic 6-7 is a little hard to see, but he is much bigger than the other two in my opinion. Very high and decent spread. His body is also much larger. I think he is a 3.5 yr old and will outscore the other two racks. I hope to get a clearer picture of him during the day for comparison. Pictures 6-10 show three different buck. Two I think in the 115 range like you stated standing together and the tall one which if you look close has some good tine length. I am guessing closer to 130

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.