The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
caught my first palimino trout today on the brandywine. he may be bigger than my five pound rainbow from last year! i think he isnt as long but defiently thicker!let him go to fight another day, maybe get away from the other fishermen and get bigger!! only caught two fish all day between two streams. but this one made my day!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Nice fish to release-- Maybe a youngster will catch it and be a fish of a lifetime.

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Nice one!!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Congrats. Too nice of a fish to catch only once, thanks for the release. Hopefully it will make someone else a good memory too. What did you catch it on?

V

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I caught it on a trout magnet. I went back to fish the stretch again today and he was gone, so i guess somebody else caught him and kept him. Atleast i still got him first.

·
Registered
946 Posts
aswallace911 said:
I caught it on a trout magnet. I went back to fish the stretch again today and he was gone, so i guess somebody else caught him and kept him. Atleast i still got him first.
I see the pink trout magnet in the photo now. I only saw the jighead before. I use the trout magnet jigheads but never gave the plastic bodies much of a try.

V

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nice!

I don't know that I could have released that one. I don't keep many fish, maybe just 2 a year but for some reason the Golden Rainbows just seem to taste better to me and that one would have filleted nicely.

Nice catch and release!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts