The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can take off November 2-3 or any two days the following week to get out and hunt. Which week would you prefer?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Pull em out of a hat...never know what day.in that two week span is gonna be hot....the last buck I killed was November 6...shot him around 845...he was the 9th buck I seen that morning

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
It is a crapshoot but I like the first week of November more than the second. Do you have to decide now or can you wait? If you can wait till closer time and see what weather is like. If it is real hot or a washout is called for 1st week then I would go second week.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
From my experience the week for me seeing very active rutting has been the first week of November.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
First week for me. I think both the 1st and 2nd are equally good. I will say that if the weather doesn't stay cold or they are calling for torrential rain all week I will switch to the 2nd week.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
couldnt make up my mind either so i took both weeks off

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, I'm a school teacher so ability to take off is pretty much nil. Wish the "summer" was november-january. oh well. going to watch the weather and decide later

·
Registered
19,666 Posts
I like whichever of those weeks is going to be cold and clear. Of course it is kinda hard to predict that ahead of time.

Of the two, I see more buck movement the first week, less buck movement the second week, but bigger bucks moving the second week.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
demillo said:
lol, I'm a school teacher so ability to take off is pretty much nil. Wish the "summer" was november-january. oh well. going to watch the weather and decide later
Northeastern?..what grade?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
man, every school teacher I know can take off whenever they want.

i'd take off the day that the big deer walks in front of my stand LOL

·
Registered
836 Posts
If I was a betting man, I'd go with the first week of Nov this year. Hit the stand about 9am and hunt all day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts