The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Those are nice flintlocks for sure. Their store is right near me. I can't see myself spending that kind of money on a flintlock anytime soon, but they are nice!

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
70grns of 2fg, no way, that's not enough powder. I'm surprised the ball penetrated......You need to load at least 200 grains before that thing can even be considered lethal on deer. What were you thinking man! :smile_big:

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I got a doe Saturday with my RMC flintlock. The V peep is awesome. Really good with the pls eye and bifocals.
70 grains 2f Swiss, .490 roundball with a .020 patch.
Pic or it didn't happen.:jestera:

Congrats! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Those are nice flintlocks for sure. Their store is right near me. I can't see myself spending that kind of money on a flintlock anytime soon, but they are nice!
Keep looking in the for sale forum they come up for sale now and then. That's how I obtained mine.

Also, for all your RMC owners what type of flint do you use.

Recently, I was at the range and after a few shots I was not getting any spark so I replaced the flint with a new German flint that I bought at Dixons for my TC. Still no spark so while enroute to Cabelas, I made a detour to Dixons and they hooked me up with English flints saying that would resolve my problem. Now, need to go back to the range.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
English flints are all I use. They produce plenty of spark. If you try them and you still get no spark, then your frizzen is probably bad. Now, sometimes when at the range the frizzen/flint starts to get dirty from all the soot. That in itself can lead to poor sparking. Clean off the frizzen and flint with a damp cloth once in a while while you're shooting. Make sure to dry both before attempting to fire again.

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
I got a doe Saturday with my RMC flintlock. The V peep is awesome. Really good with the pls eye and bifocals.
70 grains 2f Swiss, .490 roundball with a .020 patch.
Congrats.Which twist does your rifle have cause they have only been orderin their barrels in 1-28 twist not offerin 1-66 or 1-48 for some years now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats.Which twist does your rifle have cause they have only been orderin their barrels in 1-28 twist not offerin 1-66 or 1-48 for some years now.
I don't know the twist. I bought it used some years back. I shot sabots out of it and they grouped, so did lead conicals.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts