The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I would of posted videos but my hogster wouldn't record tonight.I will have to see if I hit a setting for it or what. Had coyotes answer me and was working them but couldn't get it done tonight. But 2 grey and a coon not bad. I hit another coon but it ran into the weeds. I check tomorrow to see if can find.

Vertebrate Shotgun Grass Wood Bow

·
Registered
26,192 Posts
Thank you. I would of posted videos but my hogster wouldn't record tonight.I will have to see if I hit a setting for it or what. Had coyotes answer me and was working them but couldn't get it done tonight. But 2 grey and a coon not bad. I hit another coon but it ran into the weeds. I check tomorrow to see if can find.

View attachment 175096
they dont look badly hit. what ammo are you using. Congrats on a successful night (y)(y)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they dont look badly hit. what ammo are you using. Congrats on a successful night (y)(y)
Thank you. This is the 204 with reloads of xbr8208 and Midsouths varmint nightmare 34 grains. I have not had any exits with these moving at 3900 fps. Even a 50 yards they don't go thru greys or reds on broadside shots. Most the time its down right there unless I hit a little bit back off the vitals or hit low and they will run about 20 yards and fall over. I haven't had any splashes with these either and been using them in the 204 and 20 practical for about 4
years now.. Coyotes are the same way. The max I have shot them with these loads are 160 yards.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Congrats on a successful night! I am wondering about the double tap. I assume you mean follow up shot, right? I wouldn't want anyone thinking us hunters are ever actually double tapping, unless of course we are defending ourselves. Looks like the zero may be okay, you're definitely putting the fur down, nice work!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats on a successful night! I am wondering about the double tap. I assume you mean follow up shot, right? I wouldn't want anyone thinking us hunters are ever actually double tapping, unless of course we are defending ourselves. Looks like the zero may be okay, you're definitely putting the fur down, nice work!
Thank you..The first shot went under and hit his back leg this was a frontal shot and then he sat down giving me a broadside shot on him.I don't go rapid fire with my hunting ARs..Spent time and money in building them and want them to last a long time. I also only use 5 round mags and the places I hunt that's enough.After the first shot might have enough for 2 maybe 3 more aimed shots...

Got this one last night.Got a video also and going to post when figure out how in a bit..No exit at about 110 yards.. Seen him while walking out to the field and I could of called him in, but sometimes I just like to shoot them a bit further out..
Plant Organism Grass Terrestrial plant Soil

Fawn Terrestrial animal Wallaby Tail Snout

1 - 13 of 13 Posts