The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
nice buck!!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!! as far as the picture. the last time my computer updated, I started having the same problem with pics from my flip phone. if I take the pic sideways with the phone they are ok. otherwise my computer won't save it even if I rotate it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. It's been a long "quest". I've passed on 2.5 year olds off and on since the late 90's. (shot 3 bucks from 1997 to 2016) And, I missed a couple mature bucks in bow season along the way.

SHEDMAN25, Thanks for flipping the pic.. LOL

·
Registered
476 Posts
Buckman4C, you've been holding out on us...! Magnificent buck and congratulations. Give me a call when your going to grill up some backstrap!

Be safe and be well. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Great buck! What changed with this buck? How did you seal the deal?
LOL!! One word my friend.....LUCK!! And a whole lot of help from a friend. We did a two man still hunt toward one another and he bumped the deer first.

Honestly, going into the hunt I did suspect one thing, there was (if they survived to that point) a good buck or two working a particular area.

The second thing I did this year whenever possible was hunted the ridge according to wind direction. (wind from South, I hunted north ridge line and visa versa). The third thing we did was still hunted at the military crest level of the ridge. This buck was obviously hesitant to run with the other deer(many) into the open hardwoods on top.

In the end, I've tried just about every possible tactic to kill a mature buck in Pa and it just never worked out. I was never able to seal the deal. At 35-40 yards with a Browning X-bolt .270 in hand, I had better sealed the deal this time. LOL

To read the full story, see "Hunting Mature Bucks" in Big Game Hunting Forum

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buckman4C, you've been holding out on us...! Magnificent buck and congratulations. Give me a call when your going to grill up some backstrap!

Be safe and be well. Merry Christmas.
Thanks Chaos! I forgot to call!! We had back strap and some tenderloin the next day. LOL

Enjoy your holiday as well!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts