The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here use First Lite for archery hunting?

I've been researching it,and their site says you can layer it and be good down to low temperatures, but I am curious real world how folks in PA have used it and their experiences of its worth vs its price.

Thinking of getting some in ASAT pattern.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I bought a set and love it. Does pretty much everything they say in the advertisements. Warm, scent control, dries quickly. Pretty much replaced my under armour cold gear. I have it in black.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brittowner said:
I bought a set and love it. Does pretty much everything they say in the advertisements. Warm, scent control, dries quickly. Pretty much replaced my under armour cold gear. I have it in black.
have you done multiple layers? I.e. llano then chama then Labrador or are you just using them as long Johns?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have only used them as long johns, think I have the Allegheny bottoms and the llano crew top. May add the hooded sweatshirt or the Chama to my collection. Cabelas has some of the stuff on sale right now.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Allegheny as well and have only worn it a couple times, so not sure yet. I did just order the balaclava.

I'll check them out more in the late archery season and maybe add the llano at beginning of year.

Stuff's a little pricey, but I read alot of good things about First Lite, and merino wool in general on line so we'll see.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Another option to First Lite is the Core4Element line. I used the merino wool base layers pretty much all season, from 50 degrees down to 25 degrees or so.

Does not get smelly like UA, wicks moisture away, does what it says it does. In fact my UA pretty much stays at home.

UA is pretty much designer wear....If Lee and Tiff are pimping it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts