The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
10,437 Posts
Washing dishes and bussing tables at Tillman's Village Inn Childs, NY.

The fringe benefits were great ... lots of alcoholic beverages flowed our way. When they had banquets we used to save all the big pickle jars during the week. There was always left over punch ... learned not to eat rum and vdka soaked fruit soon enough ...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Bus Boy at Georgine's restaurant in Bristol. It was one of the best jobs I've ever had. We used to random guy everyone's anniversary, birthday, graduation, whatever photos that were taken. One couple actually requested all the bussers get into their 5 year anniversary picture because we were in all the other ones. So if you have a photo from that restaurant between 1997-2002 chances are I'm in the background smiling with a thumbs up.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
A program in high school that let me go to work for a electrical contractor 2nd half of my Jr year. I was a electricians helper (gopher/grunt/dirty jobs/etc).
I worked in all 3 of our local plants, Dupont, Sylvania, IP, doing commercial wiring. It was a great experience as it let me see what life was like in a factory setting. Which allowed me to learn at a young age that working in a factory was not my cup of tea, but very thankful for that opportunity.

·
Registered
13,340 Posts
Dishwasher at the Georgetown resaurant in Pittsburgh on Mt. Washington at 14 yo in 10th grade. Hated the job and the days and hours. A real experience for sure.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.