The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the green light to get a muzzleloader for my birthday. Looking in the $400-$500 range ready to shoot. Was originally set on the TC Impact but now looking at the CVA Accura V2. But then the Traditions Vortek is also on the list.

I don't know too much about each company's reputation or much about muzzleloaders so any input on what you guys shoot and like would be much appreciated. Cabelas has some pretty sweet ML deals right now so I'm looking to capitalize.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can't really give you a compare...but I have the CVA Accura V2 and love it. I use 245 grain powerbelts with 150 grains of IMR Whitehots and it patterns great at 100 yards. I got a nice 3.5 y/o buck at 80 yards in MD last year with it. Hit the buck in the shoulder quartering to and he didn't even take one step...just dropped.

·
Registered
18,954 Posts
CVA Optima with a simmons 3x9x40 scope, two 50 grain pyrodex pellets and a 295 grain copperclad hollow point power belt bullet, just about touching holes at 100 yards.

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input fellas. I just read too many good things about the new CVAs. Ended up upgrading to the Accura MR Mountain Rifle Nitride/Stainless Steel/Realtree MAX-1® Muzzleloader with Bushnell® Trophy DOA 3-9x40 Scope and Gun Case Combo.

Can;t wait to hit the woods with this. Never been ML hunting but hoping this opens the door to a few nearby-state hunts.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have a CVA optima V2 stainless and it's a better rifle than my TC Encore. Taken 3 deer in last 3 October inline seasons with the CVA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts