The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my daughters 22 mag rifle back from 10 X Gun smith after he lightened up the trigger to a sweet 3 1/2 pds. We went out Wednesday with buddy of mine to see if we could spot some targets for her . First hog up , was at 136 yds . After 6 shots and 6 misses , I realized I had her holding off to high . Mr. hog decided he had enough and stayed down . Next target was at 127 yds peeking out from between 2 big roots of a very large oak tree . With only his head showing , I told her she could try , but that it would be a tough shot at such a tiny target . The breeze was about 5-8 mph , so I told her to hold on his nose and hopefully the light bullet would drift into his body . Peeking through the 3x9 scope , she took her time and did exactly as told . At the echo of the shot , my buddy and I looked at each other with surprise because it had the telltale sound of a HIT ! Sure enough , the hog did a slow roll out of his hole and onto his back . I wish I would have had my camera ready for the look on her face and of course ours also . After handing me her rifle , she ran to retreave her trophy . A perfect hit right in the head . Hugs , high 5 's all around ! Said she can't wait to go again , but since she shot so well , could she please now go pet the kitties in the farmers barn ? 9 is such an awkward age..... LOL !

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks cspot . Ground hog hunting & long range ( for me ) shooting is one of my favorite past times . I'm thrilled that she seems to enjoy it also . Of course it doesn't hurt that it may intimidate a few BOYS in the later years also ....

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys . She wants to make a necklace out of the tail , but her mom isn't real crazy about the idea .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts