The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first grey of the season lastnight too but.....

I'm getting my buddy into predator hunting, he's been dying to go, so we went last night and made 4 stands. On our last stand the screaming grey wasn't even on 2 minutes and out popped a hard charger, trying to circle down wind, i shot him on a fast trot and it disappeared. We let the call play another 5 minutes, then went to look for the fox just as it started raining. the weather really took a turn for the worse, and after 30 minutes we left without the fox. i went back up this morning and within 5 minutes found it, or rather what was left of it. My buddy had walked by not 3 feet from it and it was only 10 feet from where i shot it. However all that was left was a piece of tail, a pile of hair, guts, and a few small pieces of bone. It could have been a coyote, bobcat or another fox. Even though i'm dissappointed we didn't find it last night before we left, at least my buddy got to feel the adrenaline and excitment of having a set of eyes pop out and running in. He's really hooked now

·
Banned
491 Posts
Re: first grey of the season lastnight too but.....

thats awesome....
i took a buddy out Friday night hoping to ge thim turned on to it, but we didnt have any luck

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

it could have been a hawk, there was one flying around when i got there but it was in thick pines

·
Premium Member
24,169 Posts

That sounds like the work of a coyote

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

Possible Great horned owl? I have lost animals in a trap to them.

·
Registered
927 Posts

Or more likley a bunch of crows, you can tell when coons eat stuff cause they hollow it out from the butt lol. i didnt know coyotes actually ate foxes... i thought they just killed other dogs for territory. too bad though atleast it didnt go to waste i guess

1 - 7 of 7 Posts