The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week a group of boys approached me during school, and said hey Ben could you possibly take us goose hunting somtime we all have been trying to shoot one with no luck and just wondering if you could take us. I replied sure and that I was free on Saturday. So I picked them up this morning since they can't drive yet and we set up on a pond that I knew had some birds on it. We had ducks landing in a spread all morning witch they thought was real neat and we had two singles come in both of them they missed. Around 9:00 a flock of about fifteen came in and did it perfect they all shot and 3 fell out of the sky one of them was banded they are all three very excited! And so am I! Even though I haven't picked up my gun all morning instead I'm working my one year old lab and letting the other boys have the fun

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Excellent job! Love to see youngens out there having success. Just don't get all wrapped up in killing and bragging being the most important thing. A lot of young hunters do that. Friendships and memories are much more important!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
That's what I'm talking about ..... a group of young men out enjoying some hunting. Better off doing this than stuck inside on the X-Box burning your eyeballs out.

When I was a young lad ..... we use to take our guns to school .... in the car with our hunting cloths. After school we'd change our cloths in the back seat and head out to the mountains and hunt squirrels until dark.

Today .... we'd be locked up for life for bringing our guns to school and leaving them in the car in the school's parking lot AND then be arrested for changing our cloths in the car for indecent exposure or something off the wall like that.

Kudo's to you boys for doing what your RIGHT's are in this country allow you to do!

God Bless!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I shot a banded goose yesterday, it never gets old. Congrats to your friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts