The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
havested this doe sat night (8-1-09) had a gps collar and ear tags. while corrosponding with psu i foundout she is one of the does in the mortality and harvest study they are doing right now..

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
How were you able to "harvest" that or any other deer in August DB13???

Im confused?

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Red tag farms allow certainfarms to have hunting opportunities outside the normal hunting seasons, for the purpose of controlling crop damage etc. There's more to it than that, but that's the basic principle of it

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
congrats again....i bet you'll get the award for first harvested deer posted.... i think you'll win several "atta boys"

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
borden 811 is right on that one, a red tag farmer get 1 tag for every 5 arces of plantable ground and 1 tag per every 20 acres of woods. (i think those are the numbers but dont hold me to it) and the sole purposed is for the removal of deer on that farm to reduce the amount of crop damage a farmer may sustain in a years time. i take advantage of it, 1 so i can get a little extra meat, as me and my family use alot of it (i work for the state and right now not receiving a paycheck this deer will help alot)(i give the good lord all the thanks for this one). red tags do not cost the hunter anything compaired to the dmap tags. alot of people dont agree with the red tag program, but i grew up on a farm and worked on a farm, i understand where the farmers come from, an i do agree with it so i activlly participate every year and have done so for many years.

ng270 thanks. thats my wifes modle 110 in the .243.

running deer, thanks again..lol i never thought about that.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Wow, I was thinking that it would be great to get a goose with a band on it, but that definately beats out that expectation. Great job!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nice. I shot a buck with a collar on it last year in archery season. There were 5 deer with collar 2 buck and 3 doe at my place.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can someone point me toward one of these farms? I am craving some backstraps and haven't killed a deer in the last two years. I just want a doe... pm me if you can help. I live in lancaster but am willing to travel.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
glad it went to good use. should have put that collar on the bumper of your car ,and gave the doc.Alt a good run.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
glad it went to good use. should have put that collar on the bumper of your car ,and gave the doc.Alt a good run.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts