The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9,510 Posts
I would not think in terms of only one planting to satisfy your needs. I'd consider some clover for spring, summer, fall, and some winter wheat for fall, winter spring.

I usually recommend brassicas for fall, and I'd try some to see how they do for you. Might be hit or miss in your area, but try them anyway to see if they work for you.

Play around with various things to see what combo works, just don't think one item will serve all seasons well.

· Registered
9,510 Posts
I don't worry too much about weed control in annuals.
Planting annuals seems to help with weed control. Helps get that seed bank out of the soil, to some extent and usinf herbicides, it helps to clean up a plot before perennials.

My first spraying would come in late May and would include some 2,4,D in the mix with Roundup. Cheaper than RU and burns the weeds better. RU works on the grasses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.