The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading out for an afternoon hunt with the flintlock. It is my first time, I put some time in this week at the range,now I need deer to cooperate. I am pumped!

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Dave

If you like the solitude, peacefullness and challenge of bowhunting... you are going to be hooked for life with that flintlock.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nuge,I am hooked on hunting! Anything that gets me in the woods,I'm for it. I am glad to see you back on this site.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Find yourself a set of fresh tracks and follow them. If you have a pair of binoculars take them with you. This is a very good time to find them bedded on the sunny side of ridges

·
Banned
900 Posts
Update Man Update!!!!!! How was it???

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
i am surprised you wasn't told to wait till next year, like i was told....lol... but anyhow i am glad you got out there. i hunted every weekend and shot a doe last saturday.plus, i also enjoyed tracking deer and had learn alot from what i had read and put it to my tracking. we were on a track of a buck yesterday and when my buddy went up the hill near a field. i follow the track and it started up the hill where my buddy was. then i heard him shoot, i kept following the track an met my buddy at the top. the buck had came out and was in a full run. my buddy missed it. learned alot this season with my flinter and tracking deer. looking for next year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts