The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and i put our first food plot in on 9-9-09 i know it maybe a little late but we will see what happens. we used an old john deere b tractor with a 2 bottom plow and a disc we had to chain togeather to get to work but we got it done. planted with a atv and a pull behind lawn spreader. plot size is a little over 100 yrds long by 60 yrds wide. planted half with buckwheat and the other half with a mix of winter wheat,red clover,alfalfa. checked it today and the mix is already starting to sprout! can't wait to check it later next week after it gets some sun..

·
Registered
377 Posts
It looks easier with a tractor. I did a little more than a 1/4 acre with a walk behind tiller. Now that was fun.

Good luck with your plot.

BTW- Anyone want to trade a Kubota for a Mean Streak? j/k But no really.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the plowing got alot easier after we put 2 good tires on it, it had been sitting for almost 25 yrs so we tried to use it the way it was, the one tire still held air but finally gave it up and came off the rim, the other was flat and the rim was rusted in half. good tires make things alot easier!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.