The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after many years of trials and tribulations and having done every mistake known to flintlock hunters, I finally bagged this nice doe at 8:45 Saturday morning in 5C. 2 does were in this very thick cover so I got my TC Firestorm on the shooting stick in the event they presented a shot and the lead doe starts coming out of the cover and immediately picks me out somehow and she looks like she is ready to spook and I only had her upper chest, neck and head so I let it fly, she flips over head over heals in her tracks. I was very excited to say the least. She is a really large doe the shot was right through her neck, I guess I held steady this time!

https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=128645&stc=1&d=1548683062

Attachments

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
That is a big old girl, congrats.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Good shot Lonearcher!:thumbs: Talk about waiting till the last minute. You must do your Christmas shopping about 5pm Christmas eve. :smile_big:

Reactions: Loggy

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
CONGRATS lonearcher on that nice doe!! We never stop learning from those flinter mistakes but that's what keeps it interesting!:smile2:

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
A big cow, and Your first with a flinter to boot!

Congrats, this one will stick in Your nugget forever!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
4,370 Posts
Making meat the old fashioned way is a feat worth being proud of for sure! Congratulations, on your first flintlock trophy, and good eating!:smile2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts