The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I got out of work and went over and picked my buddy up at about 2:15 today, we got set up in the woods at about 3:15. We decided to sit togeather. We were not sure where the deer would be coming from,last saturday we hunted this woods doing 1 man drives to each other. The deer sign Saturday was unreal so thought we would hunt this land tonight after the storm this morning. Where we were hunting was kinda like a bowl, The side he was facing had alot of pines and hemlocks, the side i was faceing was thickas heck.
Behind us both was a chopped Corn Field. We both sat togeather on the bottom of this enjoying a very peaceful night in the woods, when at about 4:00 he says deer. I had my back towards the deer, so not knowing where the deer were, i sat tight.I hear the hammer cock, and i am thinking"well he is not messing with me this time" At 4:05 this big doe is down. He made a good shot with his new Deer Stalkerat about 50 yards.His wife just bought him the new smoke pole for him in August as a wedding present. Good job Bowhunter83 and thanks for letting me beapart of this hunt as well. I hope you have your walking boots on for Saturday buddy!!!! Happy New Year to all ( This deer is tagged but do to picture reasons it is not on the deer)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
great job. I gotta look into these deerstalkers, I've been hearing a lot about them lately.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should clear it up and say that this is not his first deer with the muzzeloader but the first with the Deer Stalker

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Nice job!! Nice smokepole---------my best friend got one for a Valentines Day present from his wife a few years back---I had lots of fun helping pick it out----54 cal too!

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Awesome! Congrats!!

....but you got to get them deer to turn off their headlights for the pictures!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
My deer stalker barked tonight and i had the same luck as you. Big doe down! Was a beautiful night to be out, deer moved on the cut corn fields also where i was.Congrats

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
nice!!!....every deer with any flinter is an accomplishment!

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Congratulation on a nice fat doe. Dag-gone-it...where do all these guys find women that will buy them firearms. I've been married for 32 years, no, 33 years and my wife has yet to buy me a firearm.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts