The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please Move If In Wrong Spot

We went out yesterday around Tyrone and found a nice yellow phase. Think the wind was messing with the snakes though it was pretty rough on top of the mountain. Going to try to head back out this evening and tomorrow morning. Might head out around Lilly not sure yet. We are looking for a group of guys around Boliver and Ligonier to hook up with this season and expand our area a little bit. PM me if you'd be interested to head out with us. Good luck guys and stay safe!

Ryan

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Caught a 42.5" male today. Real pretty brown and yellow. My first rattler I have caught on my first time out. Let it go. Looking for a 50+".

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nice Hunterknapp16 ! I'll be heading up towards Kettle Creek park next week . I also hope to catch & release my first rattlesnake . We looked for 3 days on last years vacation and didn't see one snake of any kind . Still a beautiful area just to be in .

·
Registered
16,493 Posts
I have a couple friends in the competition
You guys actually have a competition for FINDING A RATTLESNAKE ? Let me know when the competition starts to see who can run away the fastest from a Rattlesnake. I'm game.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Our group competed in the Sinnemahoning hunt over the weekend, but were not able to find any giants. We found a handful of legal males but the biggest was only 44. They had some really big ones turned in, I saw saturdays winner and it went 54"
But overall it was a great weekend to find snakes, we broke our record from all year last year just this weekend by finding 60 of them. But the big ones are still eluding us

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Ebeale , my money as on your group . 60 rattlesnakes and not one big one ? Sounds like you guys still had a good time . Sorry you didn't find the big one . If I locate any new dens next week near Kettle Creek I'll be sure to give Blaze the coordinates .

I attended the roundup many years ago . It's was without a doubt the best education I ever received on venomous Pennsylvania vipers .

·
Registered
169 Posts
We are definitely still missing something, but at least its a heck of a learning experience getting into that many. Good luck to you next week, maybe when we finally figure out what to look for to find big ones we can help, but until then i guess we will just keep putting miles on our boots.

·
Registered
304 Posts
If anyone around Ligonier is willing to take a long a noob, I would like to tag a long.
Never done, never been, curious!

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
HD1969 said:
Have any of you snake hunters ever attended the Noxen Rattlesnake Roundup???
Been going every year... the food is awesome! I should make my periogi's up and get a stand up there, I will make a killing!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts