The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After working all day, I was able to sneak out to a few holes with my buddy before the storms started. It was nice to get out again, it seems like it has been forever since the last time I was fishing Tionesta Creek for Smallmouth..

The Creek is high, muddy, and running fast due to all of the recent rain, but we did have some luck.. Here are a few pictures of a few that we caught today.. Mine was only about 12 and we measured his to be 16 inches.. We kept the legal one and put it into my pond...

I have been working on stocking the family pond.. I know largemouth would be more ideal, but it is spring fed and about 12-15 feet deep in the middle.. There are frogs and salamanders galore... Obviously I will stop throwing smallmouth in to it if I see any dead ones around the edges... Are there any reason smallmouths couldn't survive in this pond???

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've done similar stockings in my spring fed 15-20 foot deep pond. Put 5 in and never re caught one. Also never saw a dead one so not really sure what happened

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I plan on putting mostly panfish in, but I would like some bass as well.. I guess I'll just try and see what happens..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts