The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday was my first day afield this season. I lost my driver's license due to a medical problem and have not been able to get out hunting before then. My great-nephew drove across the state to take old me out hunting and also see the Steeler's game today. We went archery hunting in the morning, he saw a small buck way off and we saw some does. In the afternoon we joined my nephew who was getting out for the first time. He has back trouble and can't feel his feet so must be extremely careful he doesn't fall. We went for grouse but mainly just for a walk and some good-natured talks. While we saw 3 squirrels we did not shoot, no one wanted the skinning job LOL. My girlfriend said I was looking so happy and tired when we got home and you know she was totally correct. My spirits are much better this morning than they have been in weeks.

Hopefully I will be able to get my license back soon, if not may be sitting home til first day of deer season when gf has day off.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
glad to hear you got out to enjoy the woods, and your great-nephew is a fine man for helping you out!!

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Amazing how a day afield perks yer spirits!

Keep yer chin up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts