The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

First Day Bass

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Fuda44 
#1 ·
Anyone out yesterday?

It was supposed to be beautiful up here in north central PA but a cold front moved in with some wicked winds. Our first lake we got skunked but our second lake proved pretty good for some sub-keeper large mouth. We caught about 20 9"-10" large mouth and 3 keepers at 12", 14", and 15.5" respectively. Also caught a nice sized rainbow.

See less See more
#4 ·
Believe it or not, where we had the luck was Lyman Lake. When I was a kid it was pretty much a trout and panfish lake. Since the dam was rebuilt, PFBC must have stocked with large and small mouth bass. Cowanesque skunked us. Usually does though, been having a hard time finding them since I moved back in 2011.

#9 ·
Mitch W said:
What did you catch the rainbow on?? Just curious if it hit whatever you were using as bait for the bass....
As a matter of fact, we were trolling from the western end to the eastern end of the lake about 15 yards off the southern shore about 150 yards from the dam, I was using this for bass and caught the rainbow. Every time I've been on the lake I always catch trout in that area trolling with my white bead spinner.

#12 ·
Nice, I will be up over the Fourth of July holiday, I'm going to head over there and see what happens. I know I'm not going to catch any monsters but I just like going over there with some light tackle and whatever I catch I catch. Just looking to have some fun.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.