The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was an exciting morning. Like many of the others on this site we have been having trouble getting birds to gobble. Today was more of the same at first it seemed like the only thing responding to our turkey calls was deer. And the deer this year were really messing us up by spooking as gobblers were coming in range. At about 8 oclock both my best friend and camera man and I were frustrated. 3 weeks into the season and no Gobbler was getting to us. I decided to make a last ditch effort and suggested that he and I go to a place that we had birds going in Upper Makefield Township. We didn't even walk 100 yards into the woods and the birds were going nuts. So I sit down while camera man is still filming the intro and start calling. ONce again a deer arrives first. I dont' know what the deal is with the deer coming to the turkey calls. Deer is now at like 35 yards turkeys are at 50 and coming hard to calls. I am saying my prayers as the deer starts getting nervous. Gobblers continued closer. Now I have a turkey at 15 yards. I was ready and so was my Parker tornado as I nestled the 20 yard crosshair on the turkeys neck. I slowly squeezed the trigger. The rage 2 blade literally almost took the turkeys head off. It was hanging by a thread. Here's a pic from todays awesome excursion. All was captured on hd video and hopefully will be used on our upcoming tv show on the Sportsman channel this summer.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: First Crossbow Turkey Down

Thanks I wasn't about to be picky 3 weeks in and freezer empty

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

Nice job

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts

The way I look at it you killed a nice bird late season.Around here the green is so high you can't see a beard if one did come in.You shot a legal bearded turkey,great job bud.I need to do the same but for my kid.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

diablo666 said:
The way I look at it you killed a nice bird late season.Around here the green is so high you can't see a beard if one did come in.You shot a legal bearded turkey,great job bud.I need to do the same but for my kid.
Thanks for passing on the tradition of hunting to your kid! Excellent and good luck next week.
bobby2bears said:
Good job! A turkey with a bow and on film! Wow!
Thanks to all for kind words.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Congrats, way to go, I have had the bow out twice but no bird. Once again way to go!!

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
NL,.... I took my first crossbow gobbler last year, on video too. WHAT A THRILL!!! He was 18 yards and he dropped in his tracks.

Congrads on your kill, hope there are many more.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ICAREDOYOU said:
NL,.... I took my first crossbow gobbler last year, on video too. WHAT A THRILL!!! He was 18 yards and he dropped in his tracks.

Congrads on your kill, hope there are many more.
Congrats to you as well that's awesome. Mine was at 15 yards. I centered my crosshair right in where the color change is on his neck. Went right down broke his neck. he just did a little flip flop madness and party was over!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts