The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I plan to buy my first crossbow. I'm thinking middle of the road, roughly $700-$800. Choices I've come up with are Tenpoint Titan M1, Wicked Ridge RDX-400, Killer Instinct Furious Pro 9.5.

What are your thoughts on these or other good options at that price or lower?

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I'm bias and lean towards the Excalibur's. So easy to work on yourself and 100% customer service. If you get a used one they'll stand behind it also. I feel the older models can be found for a price under $400.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have 2 KI bows, both shoot 1 inch groups at 40 yards, with good arrows. I really like mine.

Good luck picking one.

Stant

·
Super Moderator
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm bias and lean towards the Excalibur's. So easy to work on yourself and 100% customer service. If you get a used one they'll stand behind it also. I feel the older models can be found for a price under $400.
Thanks for the input. The customer service and warranty were part of the criteria for choosing both TenPoint and Killer Instinct. While the simplicity of the Excalibur's recurve design is appealing, the 24-30' width seems like it would cumbersome in some situations.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got the Center Point Sniper 370 package. Really great for the price. Sighted in today and cannot shoot the same bullseye on the block target. Got it at Bass Pro for $249.00. The guy set it up and did a great job explaining all about the crossbow. Before I got it I spent time reading and watching reviews.

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
I think you made some great choices there. The TenPoint Titan is one I often recommend since the re-design. A great USA company with exceptional customer service and very reliable.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a Ten Point Turbo and love it. I have taken deer out to 40 yard. I would suggest the package with the scope. Also its a great company right next door in Ohio.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Thanks for the input. The customer service and warranty were part of the criteria for choosing both TenPoint and Killer Instinct. While the simplicity of the Excalibur's recurve design is appealing, the 24-30' width seems like it would cumbersome in some situations.
Your right wide limbs sometimes are a problem. I carry mine through brush on a sling with out to much trouble. Once you're set up you have to watch where the limbs are with any bow. Keep your fingers below the rail... ouch.
Whick ever you choose I think you'll like getting out.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
My recommendations for anyone getting into the crossbow world is to go with Excalibur or Tenpoint/Wicked Ridge. Both have great CS and great bows. I have both. I was looking at the new Tenpoints today in a local archery store and boy are they getting those things narrow.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I owned an older model tenpoint titan. I liked it. This past year I wanted something more narrow and purchased the wicked ridge invader x4, and took two deer with it. It was great. In March I won a Tenpoint Turbo M1 package. Haven't hunted with it yet, but its pretty impressive. I won the bow through a contest tenpoint ran, and they were outstanding to work with. I can't imagine ever going with another company.

·
Super Moderator
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate the head's up Rabbit. Right or wrong, I've decided I want one with a narrower footprint than the excalibur series.

I've ordered a Killer Instinct Furious Pro 9.5. The price and bow dimensions (length, width, weight) of the Tenpoint Titan M1 and the KI Furious were identical but the Furious advertised 400 fps and 139 ft/lb for Kinetic energy while the Titan M1 was 370 fps and 113 ft/lb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts