The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I looking for a cross bow for my boy. He's 13 and wants to start archery hunting. I have never bow hunted a day in my life so this is a new frontier for me. A good friend of mine offered to take him out this year so needless to say he needs a bow.
Are there any brands that are middle of the road for a kid just starting out? I'm looing for suggestions on what brand would and or model that would work best for him.

Thanks!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Parker, ten point, excalber are the top 3 brands

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
I would stay with the 3 I mentioned. All have good models for youths and good customer support. Since nobodys said it yet call arrowhead at the top of the forums he will put you on the right path and he's deals are the best you'll find

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I would favor Parker above all the others, a second would be Excals.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! You've all been a big help! I'll be contacting Arrowhead.
I'll have to report on how the boy does this year.

Thanksw again!

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Look through the threads in the crossbow forums. Rooster booster has some great field reports about his son and their xbows

·
Registered
19,671 Posts
Choc-Yel said:
Thanks guys! You've all been a big help! I'll be contacting Arrowhead.
I'll have to report on how the boy does this year.

Thanksw again!
You are doing the right thing. Talk to Arrowhead and he will set you on the best path.

Parker Enforcer will be tough to beat as far as price, performance and fit for a kid.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Just remember though it may feel like a gun, it is not a gun. Dont take long shots... 20 to 25 yards. Practice Practice practice.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I finally had the opportunity last night to shoot the Eacalibur Axiom at great length. It will be on my "A" list from now on. Great starter bow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts