The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I will get to the details first on tonight's hunt. At the first set, I called in a fox, but could never get a decent shot at him. When he did pop up close, I wasn't ready for him and he busted me. Such is hunting and a lesson learned.

At the second set, I was calling for about ten min. Was on my third sequence and third different call when I saw two sets of eyes 300 yds out. The leader came in, but cut down a swail in the field and I lost sight of him. The female I eventually shot stayed up higher and when she popped up at 100 yards I put the cross hairs right on her chest and dropped her. Never could get on the lead dog after that.

Stats- Shot with .17 fireball at 100yds, she weighed 31.2 lbs. only used hand calls and was 10 min into the set

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Cool! Great job, what hand calls you using?

·
Registered
18,715 Posts
Congrats. From one that got my first coyote this year to another that got his, way to go brother.

·
Registered
30 Posts
congrats! i know the feeling you got because i down my first ever coyote in november with my. 22mag what a rush when they come bouncing in within 50yds of ya. what hand call were u using?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BRUSHWOLF said:
Congrats! What bulllet out of the 17 was you useing?
I was using the factory UMC 25 gr hp. Doesn't do any damage and shoots less than inch groups at 100 yds.

As for the guys that ask what hand calls i am using. Sorry but I will not disclose that. I say I am having good success with one certain call and everybody goes out and gets it, eventually that call will be useless as the predators hear it so often.

·
Registered
167 Posts
great kill, still waiting for our first. a few questions for you:
What kind of calls are you using? (locator, rabbit?)

How long did you call for on each?

Congrats!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts