The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOO HOO! BOYS, I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!! :-/ ;D

Today was a GREAT DAY in my Trapping Career!!!! ;D

Today was my Very First Ever Red Fox !!!!! and it happened on Thanksgiving Day Morning!!!
I nearly died when I broke the crest of the hill and seen him. Could not believe it for the life of me!
Can ya tell I'm a little excited here! :-/

I must give a special Thank You to "Bobcat" for teaching me and giving me a lot of trapping pointers!!!

And another special Thank You to "FlyGuy" This happen with your Hot Lure dude that I got a couple days ago!!!

These sets are only out 2 days!!

Now to find a Taxidermist for this critter!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
CD,

Congrats to another 3Der. Any dtails like what type of set.....was the trap waxed / dyed. It looks like a woods set were using a urine or call lure?

What kind of mount are you having done?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
George said:
CD,

Congrats to another 3Der. Any dtails like what type of set.....was the trap waxed / dyed. It looks like a woods set were using a urine or call lure?

What kind of mount are you having done?
Basic dirt hole set. #2 traps were dyed and then waxed in Oct.
I used a homemade meat bait down the hole, with a shot of Fox Urine down the hole and touch of Fox Gland Lure on small stick above the hole.
Nothing really special with the set just took me a quite a while to trap a Fox.

As for the Taxidermist Mount, I don't know yet. Looking at photos for some ideas and for who I'm going to take it to, to do the work.
I'm thinking of something up off the my floor and on the wall on a rock or log. maybe with a Red Squirrel in the scene too.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
If you're looking for a place to take your fox, take a look at http://www.greatcovestudio.com/taxidermy.aspx First, they are an advertiser on here. Second, Kenny has done a gray fox, bobcat and coyote for my dad and they all look great! Kenny is a super nice guy, uses top notch materials and is easy to work with. He also does great deer mounts...

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank You for the compliments and for the referral too. I'm checking out a few in my area.

·
Registered
93 Posts
congrats on your first fox and it's got some nice color to it.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
CONGRATS DAWG!!! great post and pics!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts