The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a big one, but a 1.5yo the first day I put feed out is a great way to start the scouting season. Gotta love Penns Woods!

Attachments

·
Registered
877 Posts
Should try coating that stump with some "Stump Likker" by Evolved Habitats..... Maybe even drill a few holes down into it from the top - to let the stuff sink into it deeper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Majik Man, I put out some Black Magic by Deer Cane onto the stump and a little on the mineral lick. Seems to be working well, they have the corn gone within a day or two.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I've tried the "Black Magic" stuff before and it worked alright, but once I switched over to "Stump Likker" - they ate the entire log I had it on ( Seriously ate the whole log!!! )

I also buy those large mineral blocks and salt blocks; but I drill rings around then and then split them with a hammer and spike. That way I can turn one big block that's easily seen - into several smaller blocks that are a bit easier to hide. Then in some cases, i'll even bury them 3/4 into the ground length ways. ( that way when it rains, it creates a very large and deep mineral site )….

Last year however, I decided to make my own attractant juice. I took apple juice and heated it to a boil, added mineral salt, rock salt, and corn syrup, and finished it off with jello mix...… If I remember correctly; cost me like $10 to make 5 jugs worth. And the deer loved it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts