The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I am interested in getting into archery hunting. I have an opportunity to purchase a slightly used (1 season) PSE Bow Madness bow with a Vital Gear Pinhead 3 horizontal sight and a Vital Gear Kaz Away rest. Since I am pretty green when it comes to archery equipment, any comments/suggestions from you experienced hunters pertaining to the gear and what would be a fair price is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Go to archerytalk.com. Do an advanced search for that bow under hunting bows for sale in the classifieds. That will give you an idea.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
The bowmadness is a fine bow!If you get it you wont be disappointed. I have the 32 version,it is smooth,fast,quiet. Which one are you buying? How much?

·
Super Moderator
12,806 Posts
Before you buy any bow be certain the bow fits you...draw length, pounds of pull, left/right hand and is smooth to pull. I have had guys come to me more than once which purchased a bow for themselves or a starer bow for their kids only to find out the it was the wrong draw length with no workable adjustment and/or enabled to draw the bow properly at its lowest setting etc.

I would recommend going to a good pro shop to determine exactly what bow specifications work for you. Most shops will help you and are very good at what they do. Try to go when they are the slowest and you should get more attention than during peak times. Then if the bow you are considering and the price it right that is a possibility. If it is not a good fit for you there are many excellent used bows available.

This maybe be the most important thing you do. If the bow is not your fit (And we are all different) you have wasted your money. Also if it is just workable and not a good fit you will never shoot your best groups and may get discouraged when on the other hand you could be enjoying archery like many of the rest of us.

Be warned archery is habit forming.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Born2Hunt and everyone, I really appreciate the advice. After searching several sites and reading several articles, your advice is a reoccurring theme... That said, thats what Im going to do.

Do you have any shop recommendations for the sw washpa area?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts