The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am new to the forum and was wanting to get my first recurve i shoot tons of compitition archery like 3 spot and 3d but would like to start traditional what would be a good bow for me to start with

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
There are a myriad of 'curves out there to purchase. You can drop $1200 on a new Black Widow or $15 on a yard sale steal that shoots great. Martin makes great bows for the $$$

There are also some great Pa. bowyers out there that are hard to beat for the money.

In what part of Pa do you live??

·
Registered
872 Posts
What weight are you shooting with a compound? Drawlength? I may have some info on a few used recurves.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I think Marin makes some nice bows for the money. I have one of their Mamba's. Nice shooting bow, pretty quick too.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Like compounds, there are many good quality bows made today and every shooter has their own favorite which works well for them. Overall, I agree with Andy1 that Martin offers a great bow for the money and suggest you take a look at their line (the Hunter is my favorite). There is a lot of information and used ones for sale on TradGang.com. Your post indicates you shoot a lot of competition archery, so give careful consideration to the draw weight you purchase.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i live in mercer county town called sharpsville i have a 28 inch draw and shoot 68 pound on compound

1 - 6 of 6 Posts