The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who can lighten the trigger on a firestorm?I just found a new firestorm.Being that T/C is now out of the flintlock business I figured I'd snatch it up for my son.He won't be ready to hunt with it for probably a year or two and I wanted something on the lighter side.I like the gun but the trigger leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Doug, those triggers are wicked! My brother has a firestorm, and I think the trigger pull is about 15lbs! Somehow, he manages to shoot it well. Are you familiar with Lou Russell? I don't know if he works on flints at all, but I would imagine he could help you out. He can do about everything else. Pm me if you need his contact info, I think I have a card around here somewhere.

·
Registered
21,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually know Lou.He really doesn't like lightening triggers because of liability concerns.

Wicked is no joke.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
I figured you might now him, wasn't sure if he would do it or not. I've had a few firing pins replaced there. Lou is a good guy!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine bottomed out my trigger pull scale which means its 12 lbs+. I hated it so much that I went ahead and replaced the Lock with an "RPL" from L&R lock company. Its not a direct drop in and does require quite a bit of butchering of the synthetic stock and shortened stock bolt but the lock is much nicer and it dropped the trigger down to 7 lbs.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i done mine myself...i took it slow with a few honing stones and a polishing stone...got lots of reassembly time...lol...i have mine right at 3.5 lbs with a crisp break and no travel....now to doctor up the stock to fit a cheek piece on it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts