The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Z5 omega and fired it for the first time. I have a Nokon prostaff 3 by 9 on it and it was boresighted so figured it might be a probem. Well at 50 yards it was 12" low and 12 inches right. 4 more shots was it was within a inch of center. Moved to the 100 yard range. 3 shots all within 1 to inches of center. Shooting 150 grn of pyrodex and 250 grn shockwave sabots. inlines are so cool. I'm sure I could get it better but I was really happy with the results. It almost shot better than my 30-06. I ran a bore solvent patch and a dry patch between shots and cleaned the breach plug every 3rd shot. - Awesome I can't wait to shoot a deer with it. Wish the range had a 200 yard post, I'd love to see what it would do at 200-250...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks J, it was alot of fun other than cleaning it! I remember shooting my old mans flint lock and it was the least accurate thing ever. It's amazing to me how accurate they are. Three shots within a 2" circle. I have to say I did blow one of the 4 about 6" left! but that one was on me!

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
They are fun to shoot.I use 100 grains of pyrodex and get the same POI as with 150 grains.The third one was burning going out the barrel.You may want to check for that to save pellets.It is hard to see it though.Take a few shots and watch close.Put electrical tape over the end of the barrel for rainy days when hunting.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
diablo666 said:
The third one was burning going out the barrel.You may want to check for that to save pellets. It is hard to see it though.Take a few shots and watch close.
I would think if you can find someone with a chronograph, you might also be able to tell the effectiveness of the thrid pellet based on muzzle velocity.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I agree on the use of the chronograph, much easier to use for figuring that out. That's why I like the Ultimate Muzzleloader system of use a large rifle magnum primer to ignite the black powder. It completely burns 4 50 grain pellets and delivers around 2500+ fps with a 250 grain Barnes TMZ bullet. Good luck with yours, they are pretty fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts