The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<a href="http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184" target="_blank">Firearm Reciprocity Agreements

In 1995, the Pennsylvania General Assembly gave the Attorney General the authority to enter into reciprocity agreements with other states.

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania currently has formal written reciprocity agreements with fourteen states that recognize a valid license to carry firearms issued by Pennsylvania. Conversely, Pennsylvania recognizes valid firearm carry licenses/permits from those states. In addition to the 14 formal agreements, other forms of reciprocity are applicable.

Also covers:

PSP FAQ's On concealed Carry

Reciprocity agreements with other states and their laws

Contact info for all states</a>

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I carry in Texas everytime I go down there. Good post, not alot of people know this.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
newfurtaker said:
I carry in Texas everytime I go down there. Good post, not alot of people know this.
Do you drive to Texas?
If so, what do you with the gun when you travel through states that have no agreement with Pa?

·
Registered
21 Posts
varmintblaster said:
newfurtaker said:
Do you drive to Texas?
If so, what do you with the gun when you travel through states that have no agreement with Pa?
Firearm Owners Protection Act says that you can travel through states and municipalities that may restrict the firearms you are transporting provided they are not easily accessible and ammo is stored separately. Only minor stops are covered (gas, burger, etc...) Spending the night can land you jail time. Look at new jersey where the guy had a locked handgun and his flight was delayed until the next day. When he went to the airport in the morning, he checked the handgun and was arrested.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
varmintblaster said:
newfurtaker said:
Do you drive to Texas?
No, I fly down and check the gun.

·
Registered
21,043 Posts
Sure would be nice if all states were included.

·
Registered
638 Posts
10-4 on that brother. Utah's is good for 30 states i think.
Peppy said:
Sure would be nice if all states were included.

·
Registered
638 Posts
still it seem funny to me that you have to "ask" the goverment to exercise one of your natural rights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.