The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who is a student and lives with his family still. Recently, a family member who is a resident of his house was convicted of a non-violent felony. My question is since he resides with this person, will this inhibit his ability to purchase firearms?

The second part of this question is does anyone know the rules for applying for civil rights restoration if the person mentioned above was convicted in federal court? Does this differ than state court? Any help would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
if your friend does not have a record ,no it will not bother him from getting a firearm ,only his record is checked,if he is clean they will run a check on him, and all will be good.

·
Super Moderator
28,113 Posts
Your friend will still be able to purchase a firearm, as he has no record. The problem may come in with storing firearms in the same house as the convict, depending on the conditions of probation or parole.

As was suggested previously, your friend needs to discuss that issue with a lawyer.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
If anything the convicted felon would be in violation and not the young man... His parole officer isn't gonna be happy he is living in a house with firearms in all likelihood.

·
Super Moderator
28,113 Posts
I didn't mean to imply the friend would be in violation of anything, just that it creates a problem for the household with firearms when a convict on parole or probation lives there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts