The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two old rusty single shot 12 ga that don't work for nothing other than tomatoe stakes. Is there a good way of disposing of them? They are just taking up space. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Wait for a gun buy up at a local police station and go collect your $50 a piece for them.

They feel good cause they got 2 dangerous weapons off the street and you feel good cause you got $100 and suckered some twit in the process.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where could I find out some info on when the next gun buy up might be?

·
Registered
25,496 Posts
In these parts it would be on the front page of the paper.

They're awfully proud of themselves when they hold these things, as if they make any difference in disarming street thugs and gangbangers.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
In Allegheny county (your neighbor) they are run in conjunction with Dick's sporting goods, might give them a call. But, IIRC they must be in working condition. But the people that take the3 guns in know little about guns!

·
Registered
25,496 Posts
He could always remove the rust and paint 'em black? That way the buy-back monkeys might think they were getting rid of more evil assault weapons and be even happier?

·
Registered
485 Posts
if you live near a gunsmith school donate them. the students us them for blueing practice, parts making, general repair practice. a worthy cause.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't know if there are any gunsmith schools in the area. Denny as far as painting them black, should I also paint ASSAULT RIFLE on them in big white letters?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Yes stogey, and also stamp LE/MIL USE ONLY

Had a High Standard Model 10A bullpup shotty with that stamp on the side of it...always made me laugh. it was just a short semi auto shotty with 18" bbl and a 7 rd magazine.

·
Registered
25,496 Posts
Denny as far as painting them black, should I also paint ASSAULT RIFLE on them in big white letters?
Absolutely! They'll no doubt feature them on the front page, captioned "More Assault Weapons Destined For The Furnace." Plus, it will give 'em all some extra tingles for doing so much good. Yuh huh.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
There is a gun smith school in Pittsburgh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts