The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought it was time for me to get myself into archery so i bought my well second bow but the first one was an old junk BEAR i couldent find a rest or sights for it so i bought something new and was wondering what you folks thought it might be a good bow..its a MISSION x4 and from what the local archery shop told me its a modle from a couple years ago but it was new and he gave me a steal on the bow... from what i learned searching the internet they are made by matthews are they as good as people have told me? or just a junk matthews off the line?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
it will be as good as you shoot it. you will love it. dont give up, practice and post a nice buck next archery season. good luck hunting.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Mathews created the Mission line because there was a very large market of buyers in the $400-$600 bow range that could not or would not purchase the Mathews bows at $700+. Rather than go without or buy used, these buyers were buying from the big box stores. Mathews created this line to meet that need. Hoyt did this for years. Last years Hoyt technology was found in the current years Reflex bows. Now Hoyt has discontinued the Reflex line, and made the "-Hawk" line within Hoyt. Lower cost, basically same bow. Bowtech did the same thing in 2005 when they took all their single cam bows over to the Diamond line. PSE and Martin both have a proshop line, and a box store line.

If you like the bow, and it likes you- "ya dun good!!!"

·
Registered
162 Posts
find someone to help you tune and setup the bow. it's easier to do that than trying to do it your self till you learn the in's and out's . very good bow by the way

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Nothing wrong with an " old junk BEAR ". A bow is only as good as the person behind it. Practice,practice,practice and good luck.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh trust me the gentlemen i bought it off of had it tuned when i picked it up...i dident even more a sight pin but i was more worried about the long term with these kinds of bows do they hold up pretty well with proper maintenance.. being the cheeper line i wasent sure how long a bow like this might last i do love it though its pretty fast deadly quiet and puts a nice group in there
-Zack

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
just dont forget its not like a rifle where you can shoot a few days a week before the season...practice as much as you can as often as you can

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
ZRHIghfield said:
haha thanks havoc but i dont like eating the antlers so im just as happy with a doe
....or doe, whatever you want. just practice and post a pic. we dont want to see anything if it doesnt have a pick. as a matter of fact, post a pic of your bow or somthing random. WE NEED PICS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong with the mission line of bows! I read a test on the new misson eliminator 2 and it is basically a dreninlin without all the bells and whistles. You could add the dampener and string stop and still save 50% of the price of a reezin or Z-7. We have sold afew missions and haven't had any complaints.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I bought the Eliminator this spring and love it. Same warranty as all Matthews bows. Two complete stick-in-the- ground pass throughs on a doe and 7 pt. This is a quiet smooth shooting & drawing bow. Nice people to talk to at Matthews/Mission too.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
good bow you will shoot just fine with it . I have the journey . It is two years old now no problems with it yet . Think I will replace strings and cable this winter though .

·
Registered
583 Posts
I am thinking of getting an eliminator this year. I would love to have an switchback or an drenlin this year, but I would like to shoot an eliminator before I buy. Everything i hear on this post has my gears moving now

1 - 15 of 15 Posts