The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up my second duck mount, a lesser scaup I got earlier this season. I mounted a Bufflehead first but I don't want the public to see that one haha. I am fairly happy with the scaup, the wings need tucked into the pocket a little more with a smoother transition between feathers and the wings need brought up on the back more, but hopefully I will get that right on my next one, and obviously the pins and paper on the feet will come off after it dries

criticisms are welcomed that is the only way I will get better, so tell me what you like or don't like. Thanks in advance.

The Base

The Mount

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Seriously think it all looks awesome! Base is great. Such a 3D look, gotta add one of the glass 'water' platform to make it look like it is actually swimming! My thought anyway.
No matter, looks pretty darn good!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If that is only your 2nd duck mount, you are doing well. The first thing I look at is the head and eyes and yours looks good.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
To me, the bird looks terrific. I don't like it setting so high on the bare vertical wood pedestal. I think it needs something underneath like the water effect that others have suggested or at least some horizontal pond weeds to soften the look of the vertical base and make it more of a horizontal scene. Nice work!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You everyone for your comments, suggestions, and feedback...I still have a ton to learn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts